Electrophysiology Lab & Surgery Center
The Pacific Rim Electrophysiology Research Institute is located at the highly respected White Memorial Medical Center teaching hospital in Los Angeles, California. A fitting home to our institute, White Memorial ranked among the top 50 exceptional US hospitals for patient safety by the Leapfrog Group and has received the prestigious California Award for Performance Excellence (CAPE) Silver Eureka Award five times.
Specialized Cardiac Services
As international leaders in cardiac arrhythmia treatment and research, our Los Angeles cardiologists are visited by patients from around the world. Our innovative, minimally-invasive cardiac services include:
- Catheter ablation can be used to treat a wide range of arrhythmias without surgery.
- Electrophysiology (EP) studies assess arrhythmias, monitor cardiac devices and the efficacy of medications, and locate arrhythmia origination sites within the heart.
- Cardiac device implantation monitors and regulates heart rhythm.
Through specialization, we consistently offer advancements, quality, and outcomes unmatched by other practices worldwide.
Our electrophysiology (EP) labs house some of the most advanced technology for analyzing and treating a wide range of heart arrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation and ventricular tachycardia. Technology advancements include:
- Magnetic guidance and computer-aided controls give physicians increased control and precision over manual navigation when maneuvering catheters to their targets.
- Flexible, "soft-touch" catheters reduce the incidence of complications during ablation procedures.
- Detailed 3D maps of the heart help physicians clearly identify and correct even the most complex heart conditions.
- The Stereotaxis NIOBE® II Magnetic Navigation System enables physicians to navigate and treat even the most remote and delicate areas of the heart more gently, precisely, safely, quickly, effectively, and consistently than with earlier systems.
These technological innovations benefit patients by reducing the length of procedures, exposure to radiation, recovery times, and the risk of complications.
You're Our Priority
For more information about our surgery center and services, request a consultation or call the office of Pacific Rim Electrophysiology at (310) 672-9999. Recognized as international leaders in cardiac arrhythmia treatment and research, we serve patients from the Los Angeles area, as well as across the country and around the world.